Up until recently, there were only four „effective“ choices for ADD/ADHD. These were:
1. Do nothing and hope they’d get better with time. This is the sad choice of many non-caring or low-income parents, and it almost never works.
2. Put them on Prescription Medications. In some ways, this choice is even worse, as these drugs are not only addicting, but can cause cancer, kill, and affect for life, as the latest news shows.
3. Pay exorbitant amounts of money for EEG Biofeedback (Neurofeedback). This has been the best solution up to now. The overall success rate (with good and bad clinicians) is considered to be about 85%. But, the cost of 60 (recommended) half hour sessions with a „professional“ at $4500 to over $10,000 is way above the ability of most mid and low-income families.
4. Try various allergy clinics to try to find the allergy/sensitivity responsible, and also do all the various tests for mineral toxicity (mercury, copper, arsenic, cadmium, etc.) This is also pretty expensive, with the very best system (End Point Titration) costing upwards of $10,000. (For more info on EPT, see www.Alternate-Health.com/allergy.html ).
Now, there’s another choice. I invented a new method of changing brain wave amplitude (up or down) that is similar to EEG BF, but is inexpensive enough to give mid and low income families a choice besides expensive and dangerous drugs. It’s audio messaging used mostly during sleep. Instead of changing behavior as is „usual“ with this technique, it does the same thing that EEG biofeedback (Neurofeedback) does, i.e. it raises the SMR brain wave (12-14 cycles per second – Hz), while lowering the Theta brain wave (4-8 Hz) at the same time.
For those who aren’t familiar with EEG BF, this is the most effective brain training mechanism that best solves this particular brain problem. (It also solves ADHD, insomnia, IBS, epilepsy, and even many cases of schizophrenia.) There is substantial proof of this effectiveness of EEG BF, and a summary of professional papers can be found at:
In my former practice as an Orthomolecular Psychologist, I had used audio messaging with good success, and in 2004, I realized that it should be possible to use this technique to do the same thing that was done by the expensive EEG Bf units and a computer. Instead of going thru the conscious mind of the „trainee“ to affect the unconscious, why not go directly to the unconscious mind?
After more than two years, three clinical trials, and extensive testing utilizing volunteers who paid for the right to participate, I proved the following:
1. The Bate Auditory Brainwave Training (Patent Pending) Is very similar to EEG BF and accomplishes the same “basic brain training” with these following minor differences:
a. It compares with one night sleep being almost equivalent to one half hour session. 9-10 weeks of sleep showed approximately the same improvement in ADHD diagnosed persons as 60 half hour sessions in a clinic. (Yes, it takes a long time to be effective, with either method – there really isn’t any “magic pill”, in spite of what the drug companies say in their ads.
b. There is more possibility of a Hawthorne Effect in this training than in EEG BF training. For more info on this Effect see: http://www.Subliminals-Training.com/hawthorne.html .
In the last test, this possible effect was discussed beforehand and warned about, and while it occurred in a few cases, it did not deter any of the participants, as it had in earlier testing. (This is NOT a dangerous „side effect“ such as can be caused by all drugs! It can cause minor discomfort in a few individuals for only a day or so at worst.)
c. Motivation is no longer a huge factor as it is in EEG BF. Both the parents and the child have to be motivated to continue long weeks of training, and if the training is stopped before an end point, some, or most, of the gain is lost.
2. This system costs under $200, and that is a one-time fee only. It can be used for as long as it takes. (With Autistic children, it can take up to 200 EEG BF sessions). The system is composed of two basic CD’s. The first is the actual “Auditory Brainwave Training” program, playable on any CD player, boom box, etc. The second CD is a computer disk that has several other programs useful as adjuncts to this training. This includes a free allergy/sensitivity test, a free bottle of a patented amino acid supplement (brain food) that has a calming effect (import restrictions apply) and several articles on alternate health therapies that have been shown to be of help for all types of brain problems.
3. There’s also a year’s full money back guarantee of success. If any person tries this for at least 60 days, and then states that there has been no significant improvement they will receive a full rebate including shipping and handling (which is included in the price).
Now, even the low and mid income families have a choice that doesn’t force them to do nothing or to try and/or use dangerous drugs.
Phil Bate PhD – Retired Orthomolecular Psychologist
Inventor and Patent Pending Holder for
Brain Wave Amplitude Changing via Auditory Brain Training